Informatics (Brickroad Cainta, Diliman, SM North EDSA, SM Fairview, Regalado Fairview and SM Marikina) is committed to the development of young Filipinos to thrive in the highly competitive Information Technology (IT) industry. Informatics develops innovative and dynamic IT-based programs designed to support its vision of world-class IT professionals. Informatics graduates significantly contribute to the country’s progress — attracting students of exceptional talents in Information and Communications Technology (ICT) industry.
Last March 19, 2011, Informatics once again affirmed its commitments to its vision as it unfolded the first-ever Informatics 2011 Global TechnoCAMP. It was an exciting experience for the IT-based industry and academic collaborative projects aimed to do the following:
- Inform the Filipino youth of up-to-date, instructive and important information on the latest technological trends;
- Dish up an actualization of technological familiarity for the Filipino youth through the provision of exciting experience in the application of various tools and software in their interest areas, and;
- Explore state-of-the-art technologies as offered by the INFORMATICS GLOBAL LEARNING EXPERIENCE.
Bringing together students, teachers and IT coordinators from twenty-six (26) private and public secondary educational institutions from Quezon City, Pasig City, Marikina City and the Rizal provinces, the TechnoCAMP was an awesome event — showcasing amazing talents and skills by digital artists, gaming and animation enthusiasts and technology and engineering geeks—all for FREE!
Here is the complete list of the schools that rocked the TechnoCAMP event:
Highlights of the event included the TechnoCAMP Lecture Series where high-caliber speakers discussed the latest and the most significant topics in the Information Technology area. These include:
1. Social Media in the 21st Century – MS. MA. CRISTITA LOPEZ, Director for Training of Communication Foundation for Asia;
2. Productivity Solutions – MR. ERWIN MAGNO, a member of the Windows7Kami Community and a lecturer of Informatics;
3. DigiAnimation – MR. BENJIE MARASIGAN, from the Animation Council of the Philippines. Commission on Information and Communications Technology (CICT) Secretary;
4. Keynote Speech – ATTY. IVAN JOHN E. UY, Secretary and Chairman of the Commission on Information and Communications Technology (CICT) , and;
5. Quezon City: ICT Capital of the Country – MR. REYNALD PAUL M. IMJADA, IT Department Head of the Quezon City government.
Exciting competitions were also held during the event. Interschool website design competition at its finest as experienced in “Webmaster 2011” — challenging each contender’s creativity, originality and knowledge on web design tools and applications. The “DigiArt Competition: Digital Art Contest” was an on-the-spot digital art contest using Adobe Photoshop. Everybody went ballistic when the TechnoCAMP Cosplay Competition started! The event was an open category where costumes in anime, manga, games, comics, movies, western animation fashion were welcome to compete.
To top it all is the TechnoCAMP Festival — the absolute IT Exhibit and Gaming Experience! The TechnoCAMP Festival highlighted Information Technology breakthroughs, ideas, bits, and pieces that awed and entertained the participants. Galleries of video games, 3D animation, student projects, digital tablets, and game development were also present. Some students of Informatics entertained the crowd with their other talents like street dance, singing, and cosplaying.
The Informatics 2011 Global TechnoCAMP wowed the Filipino youth. It strengthened the institution’s campaign of using Information Technology as a vehicle in producing world-class future leaders distinguished by INNOVATION, EXCELLENCE and SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY.